OMG, where do you start? Which pizza topping to choose? The world of pizza is an amazing place stacked with flavour and excitement. In fact there’s almost too much choice…. but let’s face it, that isn’t a bad position to be in!
Here are some highly recommended and totally delish pizza topping delights for you, all achievable inside one of our superb quality garden pizza ovens. Plus an idea about what might not taste quite so good. We’ve also revealed out hottest pizza party tip and handed over the top most popular topping ingredients of all. May the pizza be with you.
Which pizza topping? Try these!
- Plain cheese – or a load of different cheeses. Just beware of Edam, which doesn’t fare well when melted. It goes all rubbery
- Go mad with the mushrooms – every ‘shroom has its own unique flavour and truffles are the poshest of all
- Cheese and tomato – plain and simple but delish
- Spinach and artichoke – bottled artichokes in oil are perfect for no-mess pizza
- Plain tomato and pesto pizza
- Taco pizza – try refried beans, cheese, tomatoes, black olives, onion, and a ranch dressing
- Mozzarella, tomato sauce, spinach, black olives, tomatoes, red onion and lots of feta cheese
- English Breakfast pizza – need we say more? 😉
- Young aragula leaves are packed with flavour. Add olive oil and salt to flavour your baby leaf pizza even more
- Go for a seafood pizza – your marinara can contain anything from tiny shrimps to huge king or tiger prawns, fresh or tinned tuna mackerel either smoked or not, shark, smoked or fresh salmon, and smoked or fresh trout. Crab is good, too. As are lobster and shellfish. Trout is perfect on pizza. But interestingly, white fish like cod and haddock are pretty awful on pizzas. Unless you know different, we don’t recommend it
- Bring on the meat. Carnivores ladle every kind of meat on their pizzas, from crumbles of well-done steak to chunks of ham and pieces of pork. And who doesn’t love a pizza topped with bacon, chorizo, or both?
- Who loves a chicken pizza? Hm. We’re not sure about it but if you’ve baked a chook pizza to die for, let us know what you did and how you did it. Minds are there to be changed…
- Do your tongue an injury and love very second of it with a super-hot chilli and cheese pizza. Dairy products tend to mask the heat of the active chilli ingredient capsicum so have some milk or yoghurt ready to stick your tongue into if you can’t handle the burn
- Can you put avocado on a pizza? Yes. Cover it with cheese so it doesn’t actually cook, but just gets hot
- Tofu, anyone? It works fine on pizza
- Hawaiian pizza comes with sweet and sour flavours that some people can’t abide and others thrive on. It’s a love-hate thing – and that leads us neatly onto the next thing. What are the world’s best-loved pizza ingredients?
You can’t go wrong with these popular pizza toppings
Here’s a list of the most popular pizza topping ingredients of all. Stick with these and you’ll please everyone at your BBQ.
- Black olives
- Chicken (yes, it’s on the fave pizza list, so we could be wrong)
- Green peppers
- Red onions
Our hottest pizza party tip
Want to relax more, enjoy things more, and inspire your guests get creative? Just lay all the ingredients out and let people DIY-it. Some folk will create out-there inventive toppings that go completely off-piste. Others will stick with tried and tested combinations. And you, the chef, gets to join in with the fun instead of being sellotaped to the pizza oven while everyone else tucks in.
When you can easily cook a big pizza within a minute using one of our stunning pizza ovens, the pizza party world is your oyster – even when you’re feeding a mountain of guests.
PS. Yes, you can bake pizza in a chimenea!